Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Laura & Chappy doing pattern exercises

Liz & Beau Beau playing after a hard days work

Shades Of Oak Rendezvous Workshops

Yes, it's time to start posting about theses events.I know, I have been selfish and delinquent in this and those that have been here this year have been waiting for me to post on them.
I guess I've just wanted to keep them close to me as they have been very special and better than I ever dreamed, I don't want them to change in any way.
I was a bit scared of bringing folks into my special place being where I rest, relax, regenerate from a very difficult life traveling and being in the public.It's harder for me being a very introverted person myself as many would not know.

What a summer it has been sharing my place of privacy, peace, safety and just relaxation for man and creature that Dave and I have created here on the ranch.

These workshops are very hard work and intensive, not only in riding but in some cases emotionally as well, to be a great horseman the two go hand in hand with the discovery of our horses and our selves.
Horses of all breeds have come, it's not just about gaited horses, people from all walks of life have come together to learn share and enjoy each other on the same journey. The days are long and hard, but the down time is wonderful. One can take a short trail ride in the local city park near by, go for a beautiful country walk, but Tony the Aussie will want to go with you, Or relax on the big porch and just let busy lives go away for awhile.
I still wonder if Jo and Carol with those Fancy foot working warm bloods have recovered, Jo said she was taking 2 months off after being here.
The Gypsy's Came
The Gypsy's Went
And Then They Came Back Again!

Liz & Beau Beau doing some lateral work

The work we do here ranges in vastness from advanced dressage, working youngsters, gait development, over coming fears, riding with physical handicaps and healing horses emotionally from bad pasts.
Laura wanted to share her experience with you so she made a little video. I've posted the link below to share with you.
http://aboutthehorse.com/knie.wmv



Laura and Chappy letting the fear free


Chappy showing Laura he will stand solid for as long as he needs to in her journey to recovery
A little on what is happening above is, Laura a very accomplished rider from childhood being a dressage competitor. She suffered a sever accident on her then Friesian which she owned. Having a long period to relive the event over and over while healing in a wheel chair, found fear had taken hold. Finding "Chappy " her Gypsy years later, is now working to come back to the rider she once was. Chappy is the perfect horse in helping her do so.


Mark and Beau Beau

So in finishing here I hope the workshops stay just as wonderful as they have been, with serious seekers coming to be a part of what I feel is a special place, that's very much a part of who I am. To find what I have in a life living with horses.

Liz

2008