Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring is on it's way here, slow but showing here and there and with it brings folks thinking horses again. The ranch is a buzz of being busy with lots of friends and clients non stop through the days. With this comes long discussions, sharing sessions of experience's, ideas,and observations, not only of horses but of life and living it.
We share those things that have or still do motivate us, help to carve our own paths and bringing us together as a community. With a desire help others that choose to be a part of our chosen path as students of this interesting and often challenging thing we know as life.
I myself find writings of others to be very inspirational to me and helps me find clarity in thought, emotions and striving to keep working on my self to be better as a human and better for my horses and my family of fellow horseman.
I today will share some that I have found along the way and read often to ponder.
Liz
With out trust, there can be no tranquil rest of mind.
With out trust there can be no belief.
-Joesph Campbell
What will happen, will happen.
There is time for miracles until there is no more time.
But time has no end.
-Unknown
Here's a sigh to those who love me.
And here's a smile to those that hate;
And whatever sky's above me.
Here's a heart for every fate.
- Lord Byron
Your gut is your barometer.
Your mind is your activator.
-Unknown
The world turns and the world changes
but one thing that does not change.
How ever you disguise it, this thing does not change:
The perpetual struggle of good and evil.
-Joesph Campbell
With grateful hearts we can say, in the language of oriental eloquence,
that a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night,
guided our footsteps to a land destined by heaven
for the protection of the innocent, and the asylum of the oppressed,
where now we enjoy, by the blessing of heaven,
the reward of all our patriotism and all our valor.
-William Sanford Pennington
The above was part of an address given by my
Great, Great ,Great, Great Grandfather
in Newark , NJ on July 4Th 1826
to celebrate the hero's of the Revolution.
He himself being an officer in the Continental Army and
eventually becoming the 6 Governor of NJ.
He passed this same year, Sept. 17Th 1826.
Just because I don't say it,
does not mean I don't see it,
or think it in my own mind.
I will know the best time and share
when I feel you are ready and need to hear what I see and think.
-Bertha Pennington Carter
Bertha was my Great Great Grandmother,
my own mothers riding instructor along with that of the US Calvary
being a child raised in a military family.
Bertha was a well known horsewoman in her own right .
Her last horse before her passing was "Bo jest" an Irish hunter
she loved to ride through central park, of course side saddle.